UCLA Russian Flagship Scholarship for Summer and Overseas Study
Limited funds are available for summer domestic and overseas study. To request support, please fill out the Flagship scholarship form.
Other Scholarships and Awards
UCLA Fund for Education Abroad
Deadline: Spring 2019 application cycle- September 18, noon central time deadline. Summer 2019 application cycle- TBD
For more information, visit the UCLA Study Abroad website here.
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
Deadline: October 2, 2018 (application not open yet) for Summer 2019 program.
This scholarship is for undergraduates receiving federal Pell Grant Funding. For information on how to apply, visit the Gilman Scholarship website here.
For information on the scholarship and how to apply, go here.
There are two deadlines to be aware of:
- The campus deadline: applications must be submitted to the UCLA representative for Boren Scholarships (Sergio Broderick-Villa, in the UCLA International Education Office) before they are submitted to Boren, due date TBD
- Deadline for campus representative to submit your application: TBD
ROTC Flagship Scholarships
The Air Force and Army offer scholarships to Air Force/Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) students who enroll in a Language Flagship program. For more information on how to apply, visit the Language Flagship’s ROTC Scholarships website here.
Stephen Lesser Award
Deadline: October 15
Up to two students annually will be given an award for the best reflective essay on their summer Flagship experience abroad.
How to Apply:
- Applicant must be a Flagship Student who has completed the summer study abroad in good standing.
- Applicant must apply for the capstone year in the fall quarter immediately following the summer study abroad.
- Applicant will submit a 4-5 page, double-spaced reflection, to be completed after the summer experience abroad.
- The essay should reflect their experience abroad and not just their studies.
Essays will be reviewed by a committee and winners will be notified in late fall. Awards will be given at a UCLA Russian Flagship reception.
We are looking for essays that are a personal reflection of the student’s time abroad and highlight encounters and perceptions that have influenced their opinion of the Russian-speaking country and its people.
Award Amount: $300